Pages

Friday 2 March 2012

Recipe: Old Fashioned Pectin Free Strawberry Jam

I'm sure just about everyone knows how to make pectin free strawberry jam, but since there was a point in my adult life when I didn't, I'm making a recipe post for all others out there that mirror the younger version of me in the this department.


Ingredients:
8 cups of whole strawberries 
6 cups of sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice



Directions:
-Set the stove to low-medium (on a 1 to 10 dial I use a 3).
-Rinse and drain the strawberries and place in the a large pot. Add sugar and lemon juice to the pot and gently stir together. 
-Take a fork and press the strawberries against the pot as everything starts to heat up. Stir occasionally and let the jam come to and stay at a boil. Leave on the stove for at least an hour, or until you get the desired thickness and then place in jars.



Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment