Pages

Friday 9 March 2012

Recipe: Crock Pot Apple Butter


This is my favourite crock pot recipe, I love absolutely anything with apples in it. My kids eat this mixed in with yogurt, on top of waffles and I'm sure they wouldn't mind having it straight out of the jar either. It uses minimal ingredients, doesn't require much effort and tastes great. When it comes to recipes, what else is better than that?!


Ingredients:
1 dozen apples, peeled, cored, and cut into small pieces (I used red delicious)
1/2 cup Water
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon all spice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg



Take the cut up apples place them in the crock pot or a large bowl and coat them with the brown sugar, all the spices and water, mix well and turn the cock pot dial to the lowest setting. 


Cover and let sit for 5-7 hours....really the longer the better. 


Use a blender to make it a smooth apple butter (which is what I did) or leave it as is.


Jar it and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment